One of the great things about marrying into a BIG family is that there are always people around. I only have one brother, so it's nice having tons of sister-in-laws, brother-in-laws and new cousins around.
Saturday we met up with some of Pauls' family. First we went to a friends house and killed a hog they had caught. (I'll spare you the pictures of that!) But here's a picture of the momma hog and her babies. We caught two of the babies and are keeping them to fatten them up. Tomorrow we are going to our cousins house to build those little hoggies a pen.





After the slaughter, we headed to my in-laws to smoke the hog. In our family, we turn it into a day long event. It's so much fun! ALL of the kids are just running around like wild animals and the adults sit in their lawn chairs and spend the entire day outside. I'm sure we all look like a bunch of rednecks. I actually turned into a redneck yesterday, well, atleast my neck did turn red. I thought I was turning red because I'd had a beer, but turns out I was just getting sunburnt. (One drink of alcohol will turn my fair skin fire red!)
The kids had some jello snacks, and evidently mine was raised by wolves and forgot how to use silverware. Hands work just as good, right?
By marrying Paul, I gained five sisters and one brother. So we've got a big family. Big Christmas gatherings and big birthday gatherings! This is my sister-in-law Bridgett. She's a month older than me. So she'll get to turn 30 before I will. =)
This is the best part about having lots of family, the kids! After dinner, the kids were hyped up and all started climbing on the Jeep. Don't worry, the keys weren't in it!
Lastly, today we went to another cousins 1st birthday party. Here's Miss Kirsten scarfing down a cupcake. Her face is still stained blue.
No comments:
Post a Comment